The Drager Fabius GS Premium combines solid design and modular architecture with a wide range of ventilation capabilities that cover most operating room applications, providing exceptional performance, value, and flexibility. Combining time-tested design concepts with the comfort and utility of modern digital technology, it’s an anesthesia workstation that is simple to use, highly efficient, and ready for the future. An array of options allows you to expand the capabilities of the Fabius GS Premium to create exactly the workstation you need, letting you make the most of your investment.
High Performance, Low Flow Ventilation Versatility
The Fabius GS Premium’s E-vent piston ventilator requires no drive gas and delivers ICU-like ventilation performance for a broad range of ventilation applications and acuity levels. All major ventilation modes are supported including: Volume Controlled Ventilation, Pressure Controlled Ventilation, Synchronized Volume Control (SIMV), Quick Start Feature, Continuous Operation in Gas Supply Failure, Pressure Support and Manual/Spontaneous modes. An integrated high contrast color monitor displays vital ventilation parameters and curves in real time. Motor-driven hardware and software-controlled functionality also offer virtually unlimited upgradeability.
Electronic Gas-Flow Measurement
The Fabius GS Premium is the world’s first anesthesia machine with vertical flow controls and electronic fresh gas flow indicators, enabling you to compare gas flows more easily and intuitively. Additionally, the export of fresh gas data to an information system allows monitoring of gas usage and to promote the use of low-flow anesthesia.
Compact, Convenient Breathing System
The flexible, ergonomic design of the Fabius GS Premium allows for optimal positioning of the semi-closed breathing system (COSY). The COSY can be height- adjusted, pre-assembled on the left or right side of the machine and can be easily removed from the machine for cleaning and sterilization. The COSY not only minimizes set-up and installation time but also substantially reduces the potential for leaks, OR pollution and overall gas consumption.
Integrated Safety Functions
Sensitive Oxygen Ratio Controller (S-ORC) guarantees a minimum O2 concentration of 23% in an O2/N2O mixture. N2O cut-off if O2 fresh gas valve is closed or if O2 flow is less than 0.2 L/min. Audible and visual (flashing red LED) indication in case O2 pressure drops below 20 psi (1.38 bar) ± 4 psi (0.27 bar).
In case of electricity and battery failure, manual ventilation, gas delivery and agent delivery are possible. Positive pressure relief valve opens at 75 ± 5 cmH2O. Negative pressure relief valve opens at – 7.5 to – 9 cmH2O
- High-contrast color monitor with Drager user interface for easy and familiar operation
- All major ventilation modes
- New, highly maneuverable trolley with a central brake
- Integrated LED workplace illumination
- Solid, spacious design with large drawers
- Industry standard rails for additional Drager and their party equipment
- CLIC absorber compatible
- Weight (base unit without vaporizers or cylinders): 296 lbs (134.2 kg)
- Dimensions: (W) 30 in × (H) 52 in × (D) 33 in
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.3 A max.
- Battery (supports ventilator and monitor): > 45 min
- Ventilator E-vent: Electronically controlled, electrically driven
- Breathing Frequency: 4 to 60 bpm
- Max. Minute Volume (MV): 99 L/min
- Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP): 0-20 cmH2O
- Inspiration/Expiration Ratio (Ti:Te): 4:1 to 1:4
- Pressure Limiting (Pmax): 15-70 cmH2O
- Tidal Volume (Vt): 20-1400 mL in Volume Control; 20-1100 mL in SIMV/PS
- Inspiratory pause (Tip:Ti): 0-50%
- SIMV Inspiratory Time (Tinsp): 0.3-4.0 sec
- Inspiratory Pressure (Pinsp): PEEP + 5 to 65 cmH2O
- Inspiratory Flow (InspFlow): 10-75 L/min in Volume and Pressure Control, 10-85 L/min in Pressure Support
- Pressure Support Level (ΔPPS): PEEP + 3 to 20 cmH2O
- Min. Frequency for Apnea-Ventilation (Freq. Min.): 3-20 bpm and “OFF”
- Trigger: 2-15 L/min
- Range of Fresh Gas Flow Indicators: 0.00 to 12.0 L/min
- Total Fresh Gas Flow Meter: 0 to 10 L/min, calibrated with a mixture of 50 % O2 and 50 % N2O mixture
- O2 Flush: at 87 psi (6 bar): max.75 L/min, at 41 psi (2.8 bar): min 25 L/min
- Vaporizer Mount: 2 and 3 position auto exclusion mount
- Serial Interface: 1 × RS 232 (standard), 1 × RS 232 (option)
- Protocols: Vitalink and Medibus
- Data Available for Export: All fresh gas flow, ventilation and O2 data
- Volume of CO2 Absorber: 1.5 Liter, option: Dräger medical’s consumable CLIC adsorber
- Volume of Entire compact Breathing System: 2.8 Liter + bag